College Night Comes to THS

Back to Article
Back to Article

College Night Comes to THS

Caden Lindquist, Junior Staff Writer

On September 23, 2019, Turlock High School hosted a College Night from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm for students and their parents. Both Turlock High School and Pitman High School students were allowed, and this event was hosted in the Bulldog Arena. There were booths set up inside by various college representatives from around California and Nevada. There were 24 colleges in attendance such as Stanford University, the University of Nevada, and Saint Mary’s College, as well as local colleges such as Stanislaus State and Modesto Junior College that were all in attendance and sharing information about their schools. Even all the branches of the military showed up and set up booths. Some of the colleges had different tables that provided information about a certain major or career path that a student would be interested in taking. The tables would be accompanied by representatives who were willing to answer any questions about their college and the programs they feature while giving out pamphlets to provide the students with even more knowledge about their University.

Turlock High student, Joseph Adari said if he found the College Night experience helpful and he responded saying, “Yes I gained a lot of information about the colleges I am thinking about attending in the near future and more about admissions for these colleges.” At this event, there were even little seminars given in the ̈M ̈ buildings and the Cafeteria on things such as College Planning, California State University Admissions Overview, and University of California Admissions Overview which provided knowledge about admissions programs and the perks that accompany going to either a UC or CSU. Overall the College Night was an event that is worth going to because it provides a lot of information for students and their parents about the next step in their lives, the real world.