Dracula?! Nope, Just the Bulldogs’ Blood Drive!

October 13, 2019

For nearly eighty years, the American Red Cross has been hosting a national blood donation program to help those in the United States Armed Forces. Every year, these wonderful organization partners with Turlock High School to host the THS Blood Drive. During this time, students and teachers alike have the opportunity to give their blood to help our country.

At the most recent blood drive, a total of 46 bags of blood were collected. Many students were willing to participate and the American Red Cross nurses did a great job at making the process quick and easy. According to Mrs. Galván, the health teacher and leader of the HOSA group at Turlock High, she confidently states, “…the Blood Drive is always successful at Turlock High School because students are well screened and prepared for the blood drive. Bulldogs are willing to help save lives.” This shows just how determined we bulldogs really are when it comes to helping those in need.

Some students also gave their input on the blood drive and why they wished to participate. According to Kirsha Gonzalez, a member of HOSA and a fellow student at Turlock, she states, “I think it’s a way for students to reach out to their community and it helps to save lives.” Not only is the blood drive a good way to support our community, but it can also help bring out the charitable side in all of us.

Leadership skills play a big role in determining the success of a student. Luckily, many of the students at Turlock High are always willing to display this important skill which opens more doors for their future. If you or someone you know was unable to participate in September’s blood drive, there will be another one held in March, and the more people who participate, the better!